We’ve always used tints on windows or even the headlights of your vehicles. But you might wonder if we can use window tint on tail lights?
Let’s get started!
Can You Use Window Tint On Tail Lights?
Yes, you can use window tint on tail lights, but this is not advised by most accessory shop owners and tint professionals. Tints can be in the form of a film and a spray, and both of them are different in various aspects.
Most people tint their car windows, but those who like to give their car a classy and trendy look also wish to tint their tail lights. Using window tint on tail lights is not considered a good idea because, for tail lights, a different kind of tint is available in the market, which differs from normal window tint in various aspects.
Let’s see why it is advised not to use window tint on tail lights.
Why Should You Not Use Window Tint On Tail Lights?
Window tint is purposely made for it, and as we know, tint usually goes to the inside of the car, so it is made accordingly, keeping in mind different things. Let us have a look below at the various reasons because of which you should not use window tint on tail lights:
- The window tint film is thin compared to the tail light tint manufactured in the factories.
- For taillights, the tint needs to be strong and flexible because it needs to be bent or molded depending upon the shape of light, so that is why window tints are not suitable for them as they are not very flexible.
- The window tint is thin and is made to handle normal temperature conditions as it is installed from the inside of the car. For a tail light tint, it should be thick and should be one that does not get torn or shrink during different weathers.
- The window tint helps reduce the view from outside in the car, whereas, for a tail light tint, the idea is to stop the reflection from other cars and dim the light a bit so that it does not cause harm to other drivers’ eyes as it is too sharp. So the tail light tint should especially be non-reflective.
- The window tint would never retain the tail light shape as it is not so stretchable. For the tail light tint, they are made up of translucent vinyl.
Which Tint Is Better For Tail Lights: A film Or A Spray Tint?
According to the users, the spray tint is better than the film tint, and you don’t have to worry about the tint film sticking and retaining the shape of the tail light. Secondly, if you want to tint your vehicle’s tail lights temporarily, spray tint would do your work perfectly.
You can easily tint your tail lights using spray tint and give them a smoky designer look. If you want a permanent tint, you must go for a good quality film tint that would stick to the tail light and retain its shape.
One can use window tint on tail lights if he wishes to, but a professional usually does not advise window tints are thin compared to tints made for tail lights and provide exclusive results only when installed on flat surfaces.